Monday 2 January 2012

Winter

Today we packed away our Christmas decorations for another year. I love the fresh new feeling you get when all the decorations go away and the rooms are all clean and fresh.
Hannah made a winter display board to hang on the wall with a few of the less christmassy, more wintery cards we received and found a poem called 'Winter Morning' in her poetry book. She copied it all out (quite an achievement as she doesn't usually choose to 'do writing'!!) and put that on the board as well. She was really pleased with it and has read it aloud to us several times this evening.




We also redid our winter table, although it still doesn't look terribly wintery so i think a walk is in order soon to gather some nature bits to go on there.
All we need now is snow!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness; we're waiting and waiting and waiting or snow, too!! :) sheesh.

My son doesn't choose to write, either. :) Thankfully, it's not something I worry over or get wiggy about. Usually! ;)

I love the "everything in its place" part after the holidays, too.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I do like your winter table too, and recognise the little oak-baby, one of my daughters made one last year.