Saturday 20 February 2010

Art and Gardening

Hannah has been busy gardening and doing art work today.
She cut out a cardboard chicken shape and then decorated it with glue, glitter and paint.

Here is the finished chicken ready to go on her wall.
Then she planted some insect attracting flower seeds in her little pots. The pots were a christmas gift and last night Hannah decorated them and then baked them in the oven to set the paint before planting the seeds in them today.



She also topped up the earth in her daffodil bulbs which have started coming up, and planted some early miniature onions in a coffee can.
She moved her tiny fir tree outside as it has just started flowering,



and finally planted the little tree ( Treedle) that she draged home from the park earlier in the week!






As she has been unwell this week i bought her a little present to cheer her up today - three beautiful hyacinth bulbs which are just coming into flower and smell beautiful. Hannah loves looking after plants and so they really did make her happy :-)










3 comments:

Fiona said...

I am SOOO envious of your gardening adventures, and all of Hannah's plants look wonderful - I particulary love the coffee can planter! Can't wait until we are able to get outside and do some gardening.

Rae said...

Well Hannah, I loved your post; it made me think of spring.
Over here we have a couple of inches of snow on the ground so I haven't been able to plant anything, but I do have some narcissi on our dining room table and my peace lily has a brand new flower.

Your chicken is lovely :)

Susie said...

We are so glad our snow has gone :-) Spring is such an exciting season!

Rae, can you email me please, i have a new laptop and have lost all my email contacts doh!!